Is it possible to transfer money from PayPal to Skrill? The short answer is yes. However, the answer might not be what you thought.
PayPal is considered to be one of the most reliable payment gateways online. However, a lot of people prefer Skrill for some reason or another. We’ll explain whether or not Skrill is legitimate and can be trusted.
Now, let’s take a look at how you can fund your Skrill account using your PayPal account.
PayPal to Skrill Transfer
If you have money in your PayPal account and want to transfer it to Skrill, you can do so just by following this step-by-step. Go over the steps carefully so you can prevent yourself from making mistakes. Let’s begin:
- If you haven’t yet, you’re going to need to link your PayPal account to your bank account. Be sure to include the routing number of your bank as well as the account number. Keep in mind there is a waiting period that will take place.
- Keep in track of your bank account for the next few business days. PayPal will deposit two small amounts of money that will help you confirm that it is your real account. Once the confirmation is complete your bank account is set up.
- Next, you’ll need to do the same with your Skrill account. Again, you’ll need the router number and account information to link your bank account to Skrill. Like PayPal, you may need to wait for a few business days in order to make the confirmation official.
- Once your bank account is linked to both PayPal and Skrill, you can begin the transfer. Go to your PayPal account and select the “Transfer To Bank Account” option that is located below the balance on your dashboard.
- Determine the amount of money that will be transferred to your bank account. Click confirm. You may need to wait one business day (assuming it’s done on a weekday before Friday).
- Pro-tip: You can link a debit card that will allow you to instantly transfer your PayPal funds to your bank account. Keep in mind that there is a 1 percent transfer fee if you choose this option.
- Once the money is received in your bank account, go to your Skrill account. Now, you can request a transfer of funds from your bank account to the account itself. To do this, choose the “Deposit Now” option and choose the option that has your bank account. Keep in mind that you may need to wait a few days until the money is in your Skrill account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Skrill Legitimate?
Skrill is a legitimate business and a reliable payment gateway. As a publicly-traded company, it must hold itself to a higher standard with customers. In fact, it serves as one of the alternative gateways to PayPal for when you are looking to keep the money to the side or use it for online shopping.
Can Skrill Be Trusted?
Skrill can be trusted since it offers some things that you might not even see with payment gateways like PayPal. For example, Skrill offers lower fees and rates. It also can be easy to use and navigate whenever you want to add or withdraw money.
Skrill might just be a payment option in most eCommerce stores. If you are planning on purchasing something online with your Skrill account, you may want to double-check to see that they accept it as a form of payment. Some online stores will accept it and others will not.
If you are looking to transfer money from PayPal to Skrill, it can be done. Even if there is no direct path between the two platforms, there is only one reliable workaround. While the process can be a bit time consuming, it’s worth the wait and things will fall into place soon enough.
You may be using your Skrill account more frequently since you may not be trusting of PayPal. Or, you might be using Skrill as a way to keep some extra cash on the side in case you need it. Either way, you can be able to do the transfer with ease.